As you may have noticed, Placescore turned out to be not as successful as we hoped in the beginnng. But as I put much of work into developing the iOS app, I decided to open source parts of the source code.
Especially the actual game part took me lots of time to work stable. In the early versions there were often small bugs which caused the gameboard to get mixed up in some way but in the end it worked quiet well. So I extracted this part from the original project without everything else around like the list and communication with the server. If you are interested in my approach on how to build a match 3 game in Objective-C just have a look on GitHub: https://github.com/florianalbrecht/Plopp